The principal purpose of AFRAN is to promote the development and establish scientific identity for African nephrology. For this purpose AFRAN shall organize, support and sponsor the following activities:
1) Holding of regular congresses in African countries.
2) Publishing of African Journal of Nephrology (AJN) and AFRAN Newsletter.
3) Improvement of nephrology education in Africa through support and hosting of workshops and continuing nephrology education.
4) Establishment of relevant registries.
5) Promotion of research specifically addressing nephrological problems in Africa, particularly at a multinational level.